Sunday, August 3, 2008

Long post about Wells Ave.

Today was my first day on the road bike after a week off. A swift MTB on Wed. and my normal little rides around town the rest of the week. Nothing yesterday...feeling burnt out big time so I prescribed some rest. Today at Wells I found my rhythm again. I felt better when I was warming up in the parking lot. During the race I did manage to get into the break at lap 20. This was way too long for me. I lasted in it until lap 11 - so about 18 minutes give or take. The break was slowing down and I took too much of a pull and I went off. The field almost caught them in the finish. I should have fought harder to stay on, I probably could have. I should have taken some pulls off. Kinda disappointed in myself but this was good training anyway and this taught me that I can only stay in these things for about twenty minutes or so. Believe me, the time I was in this break felt like an absolute eternity. I did get a prime which was cool and I felt like my sprint was coming along so I've got to ride the wave and race Nashua.
I'm in Boston all week so I'm going to hit Wompatuck on Tuesday...Ninigret might be a real stretch though. Probably do an evening TT in Seekonk while taking Thurs/Friday off or easy. I hope to ride up to Boston at least once and get a ride back. I figure that if I leave at 530 I'll get there about 8AM which should be plenty of time. We'll see about this one.

No comments: