Thursday, August 7, 2008

Word

Well I just registered for Fall River. I want to do Salem...but I dion't want to go solo...so who's in? FYI - The current list of confirmed riders will let you know why I don't want to go solo.

Pro/1/2/3top
Jesse Anthony Team Type 1
Peter Bradshaw NEBC/Cycle Loft/Devonshire Dental
Chris Coutu MetLife p/b unlose.it
Tom Gosselin Fitness Together/IF powered by Lionette's
John Grenier BOB Cycling-Stonyfield Farms-Goodale's Bike Shops
Craig Harrison Sunapee/S&W/Continental Paving Racing Team
Morgan Hiller CLNoonan/KAM/Coast to Coast
Daniel Joakim Bicycle Link/MBRC
Tim Johnson Health Net Pro Cycling Team
Ryan Kelly NorEast Cycling
Robert Kramer Ridley Factory Team
Sean Langford CCB/Volkswagen
Frank McCormack T.E.A.M. Fuji
Mark McCormack T.E.A.M. Fuji
Shawn McCormack T.E.A.M. Fuji
Shawn Milne Team Type 1
Colin H. Murphy Kenda/Raleigh Cycling Team
Adam Myerson Time Pro Cycling
Mike Pavlov CCB/Volkswagen
Mike Rowell NEBC/Cycle Loft/Devonshire Dental
Kurt Schmid
Duane Skofield BOB/shift-stonyfieldfarms-Ariza-goodales
Ward Solar Nerac Cycling
Roy Van Cleef NEBC/Cycle Loft/Devonshire Dental
Pro/1/2/3 Entries: 24
Total Entries: 72
Not liking this ... but it should be exciting nonetheless. Fuck it - I'm going anyway.

I've been in Boston all week working regular hours (not flex hours...that would be different). Do not let anyone ever mislead you about this: The commute fucking sucks. Anyone lying to themselves in an attempt to rationalize this is lying to themselves.
Train: almost 2 hours each direction door to door (which is what counts isn't it?) & don't think you're getting a seat before Mansfield on the way home either. Cost including green line bullshit 9.75$ each way. Good thing I rode my bike to the station b/c that would cost more.
Car: can be OK but its tedious and they drive like idiots (I'm totally convinced they do this on purpose). About 1.5 hours each way. Can be shorter, can be longer. Ultimately cheaper than train. No place to park, must find parking so you can factor this into commute time.
Bike: 3h each way. Cannot be done everyday.
Since its like 9PM I've got to go to sleep because I've been the crankiest son of a bitch all week. Good night.

2 comments:

team sam said...

Lynn and I are headed up, call me.

Brendan said...

You probabaly know it but the parking under the common isn't 1/2 bad. Also there's a garage over by the statehouse that's reasonable.

That description is exactly why I'll be looking for work once my job ships up to Boston. I'd rather be poor and have some time than waste my life on the T.