Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well, Thats All For Now

Its that time. Every time I've looked at the road bike the past couple of months I've uttered a subconscious sigh to myself. Apart from brief and intense motivational moments attributed to racing, the desire to do the requisite training is not there. I do admire those who can train all year, race for results & balance multiple priorities successfully. So the road bike is hung up...its coming out though for a couple more midweek Ninigrets, Bob Beals, Topsfield, and one of those late CT races. Only one bike gets the coveted spot in the living room. My yellow GT cross bike is there now - where it will stay until the end of January. I think its a wise decision to just finally admit that road is pretty well over this year for me instead of mentally beating myself up all the time about not wanting to ride, not riding and subsequently not performing to where I think I can perform. So fall is for fun and thats exactly what is going to happen. Today I'm taking the GT down to the Arcadia area - the place where I first started riding actually - I still have my old Univega MTB I got when I was 15 - it still fits too! I grew up down there and I used to ride in there all the time so whenever I go there its like a homecoming for me.


Good luck today if you are up at Green Mountain. Shit, the 1/2 guys finished about :20 mintues ahead of virtually every other field in the 64 mile race. If the times are right that must have been a fast, hot and hard race! I think today is the hard day up there so good luck!

1 comment:

IMA said...

Whatever you've been bottling up for Bob Beal, UNCORK IT THIS WEEK! Stress the hell out of yourself tomorrow, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Recover Wed and Friday. Recovery ride again on Mon and some endurance/tempo on Tues. Hit it hard Wed (9/10) night at Ninigret (6:00 pm start) then some more recovery riding Thurs, 90-120 mins of endurance on Friday with 30 minutes of tempo in the middle- a few accelerations..
Excuse me, I was just talking to myself.. but feel free to duplicate my plans! I know you will have good legs for Topsfield and Bob Beal!