Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just What I Needed

Arcadia today was sweet. Motivation has returned. Actually I did only a little bit in Arcadia - I did what amounted to a long road ride on my cross bike. I got lost. It was great. I had a great time. Once I found my bearings I made my way back to my car, got some more water and then went into Arcadia itself. I practiced mount and dismounts. I made some serious progress into eliminating the dreaded stutter step when remounting - I did about 3 miles of this. Getting on the bike, off the bike, on the bike, off the bike. I felt awesome when I hit the remount right, it felt "right" and so smooth. I've still got a lot of work to do though. It was a great ride...I decided to call it a day when I started getting tired and thus banged my stuff hard on the remount. Yep, cross....banging stuff around, landing on the rear wheel, getting dirty. Its gonna be fun this year.

No comments: