Sunday, February 3, 2008

Foster

Up at 0800 to ride. Stopped by White Electric and to takers so I went out towards the Reservoir. I ended up going Central to 116 to Danielson Pike to crappy Rt. 6 to 94. Again, same story as yesterday with the hills. Nothing under 10 mph - which got pretty hard actually. I took Central from 94 south which has a long roller on it. It was chilly in the AM but entirely bearable. I went kinda hard in this ride but I kept the pace in the base zone - although I went hard on some of the hills. I'm not going to get to ride at all tomorrow and I'll have to be on the trainer Tues/Wed. unless I get really creative or go running. I might bite the bullet and do a 6AM ride. This will not happen tomorrow as the Superbowl is tonight. Thurs. is another late night so I'm not expecting to ride - although I might be able to pull it off.

Overall, I felt pretty good the whole time. I didn't get really hungry or tired, although I was close - which means to me that I had a good ride within the fitness levels I've developed this season. I had some early season 'dead leg' issues about hour 2, especially on the hills but this is to be expected this time of year, and it means that I am stretching my fitness just that little bit. I like doing these hilly rides this time of year to get the blood flowing and competitive juices up. Flat roads to the east are great for base too but I really want to get to hilly terrain at least once a week on a long ride.

I have to check the rear brake cable setup - there is some friction in there affecting the rebound capacity of the brake calipers.

I need to put new cleats on my shoes, swap out chain and cassette by the end of Feb. or until it starts skipping. Its pretty close but the roads are still crappy and really sandy so I don't want to start damaging a new one until winter has abated.

I might get creative and do a lighted bikepath ride on Tues/Wed. We'll see. Wed. might work for me actually I think I can pull that one off.
PS: I now own Mavic Kysruim wheels.

No comments: