Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday...oh Tuesday

Did 40 miles w/ Mike S. today. Ended w/ 2.5h on the day. Sunny and warm by February standards - warm involves temperatures at or above 38F with sun, 44F without. We went east which was a good choice because the wind came up fresh from the south/southwest maybe 20/25 kts. Headwind on way home which makes for misery but it makes for good training. Still not entirely recovered from Sunday's ride but thats OK. I hit the trainer easy yesterday. I hope to sneak out after work tomorrow...maybe ride some cross? We'll see.

About 5 miles of errands later on. Easy, easy stuff.

I amused my self doing my errands by getting off my bike and standing at the crosswalk at Brown and Olney. On the right hand side, right next to where I was standing was a HUGE pothole. I'm in the crosswalk so people are supposed to stop. Furthermore, I'm next to a school which should be further reason for people to stop. It seems that standing in a crosswalk encourages many to speed up and ignore other hazards in the road. One young lady, who was speaking enthusiastically on the phone nailed the pothole dead center. She actually stopped after hitting it. Was that enough to warn other motorists? Hardly. Two other folks hit it while I was there. I don't know if I distracted them or what. It was kinda funny.

2 comments:

IMA said...

I enjoyed Sunday's ride immensely. In case you wondered, for the 2-1/2 hours you and Joe and I rode together, our average speed was 17.8 mph on some pretty challenging roads, and into some wind too. That ride will pay benefits later on.

Anonymous said...

i'll see you this sunday at white electric i hope....we will go sooo fast!!