Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fog

Tonight I went out to the Blackstone Bikepath to do an easy ride with a few pickups. I'm on the trainer tomorrow, and Thursday for sure so I wanted to do something different - so I put the lights on the commuter bike and went up the Blackstone Bikepath.

There is a primeval connection between solitude, fog and darkness. All of my senses were heightened during this ride. Although I know sounds carry farther in a moistened environment, it seemed you could reach out and 'touch' the sounds. It was eerie and made for a great experience. I cannot say the same about the training value of this ride. I kept it really easy because I did not want to go too fast. The reason for this was simple. I could not see more than 10 feet in front of me for the majority of this ride. I haven't been in fog this thick for a while. I cut it short and went home with the intention of a 1/2 hour run to make myself feel better.

One Job Lot stop later and a dog walk later I haven't gone running yet and I don't think I'm going to. Thanks Job Lot for the 1.50$ drain opener. My drains kick ass right now. Fast.

No comments: