Friday, February 8, 2008

Why I'm happy when the weather sucks

The weather sucks.

30s. Cloudy. Drizzle and snow.

I planned to ride today. I decided not to. I revisited training data from years past. I don't feel so bad now after looking at what I've done in the past - the weather always sucks now and its really challenging to work and put time in.

I did not ride the trainer today. I did one hour yesterday (stage 6 2007 Paris Nice. Marseilles looks like a great place by the way). 6 EZ gear spins :15-30 seconds each.

I'm out of shape for these. Must do more.

The silver lining in all this is when June comes I won't be nearly as burnt out as I was last year.

The first race is in 3 weeks. That will be a serious, serious wake up call. But isn't when training really starts anyway? I know hypothetically one can follow a plan to the letter but sometimes life just screws it all up. Its so much easier, and less stressful to race into shape. It is also much more fun and enjoyable.

Tomorrow: If anyone reads this - looks like trainer time AGAIN. Bastogne/Liege/Bastogne, Paris Nice Stage 7, A Sunday in Hell. I might actually take the cross bike out. Send an email. Mid AM or later.

No comments: