Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Thousand & One East Side Rides

Once again I rode around the E. Side yesterday. The past year I've found it real hard to motivate and do out of the city solo rides after work. Don't get me wrong, I still do them but not nearly as much as I have in the past, something I'm quite fine actually. Today I did quality full bore race finish efforts up Mount Hope - a combo of Doyle/Cypress with one Jenckes put in there. I've got a nice loop with Cypress that goes Cypress to the top and then down to Camp, down to Locust and then either down Duncan or Jenkins back to Cypress. Its extra hard for me to do this because you spend a lot of time climbing and not really enough time resting. I was pretty beat after an hour and a quarter. I did these rides with my stuff from work on me so hopefully the extra weight gets factored into my fitness quotient.

I think I need to eat more thru the day. Last night I ate almost an entire pepperoni pizza from Minerva's (I didn't get the last two pieces) and some of Leah's buffalo chicken wrap. This is not normal. Same thing tonight - huge amount of food for dinner. I hate thinking about this stuff

Tomorrow its a moderate length ride with TT/Breakaway efforts split up. Today is recovery and my calasthenics routine. Psyched for Palmer this weekend. I like this race - then after that its some base building time unless I'm going out to Jiminy - which I might do actually. http://www.tuckerman.org/photos/photos.htm
The warm weather got me thinking of skiing actually - late season skiing is the best by far. I might hit up the Tuckerman Ravine next weekend to break things up. I've skied Tucks a number of times in the past and had a blast every time. I'm sure its gonna be real chewed up and bumpy. While its anti-climatic to drive three hours & hike two hours for a thirty second ski run it is worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get the damn mountain bike out