Monday, April 14, 2008

Grocery Shopping

A tad sore from yesterday but I feel better than I did on Monday few weeks ago when I did two races in a weekend. Hopefully I'm getting somewhere with my fitness. Bike's in the shop - broken spoke on the rear wheel and I didn't feel like riding today anyway - its not like I had to ride anyway. Those Mavic wheels are tough as hell. I think I'll go out tomorrow, Weds. and Thurs. - maybe put some distance in at least one of the days. I might break out the cross bike or the MTB and hit some trails this week too just to break things up.

Today's non-cycling and very boring/mundane private victory (is it a private victory or a public one if I write about it here?) involved actually going to Stop and Shop and buying enough groceries to last more than one meal.
FYI: Do not go there when hungry.

On the other hand my dog is destroying this stuffed chipmunk right now. I think it satisfies his lifelong quest to catch a squirrel. At least half of his legacy was sealed when he completed the first half of his mission - catching the skunk a few years ago. Another FYI: Do not let your dog catch a skunk. You will pay dearly. Trust me.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Swing by Lincoln Woods on Friday, we (RI NEMBA) are starting our ride series up. 6:00 start from the big lot off of the Twin River Rd entrance. Take a right when you enter the park, lot is down a little bit on the left.