Tuesday, April 1, 2008

East Side Ride

Did one hour with 7 full on sprint efforts...all around the East Side. I'm not sure about the value of this workout but in the past when I've trained for sprints it seemed that I was maxed at sprint effort number 6 and today I felt good through effort 7. Today was my first (ok, maybe second) extended ride wearing light gloves, NO winter hat and only a sweatshirt. Spring must be coming and it felt great to ride in temperatures above 50F.

Charge Pond on Saturday was fun again. Another cold, hard race with really fast guys there. They ran the race in opposite direction - which I think was a much faster course. The terrain is a bit lumpy there so it makes things a little bit interesting.

I just checked my messages and I got messages from "Chris St. James" (Broadcom) and now "Chris Young" (Some other scam company). They are actual recordings...and they both say that it is "Imperative" that I call them (Umm, yeah...I'll get right on that).
Everyday there is a new message on my phone, wasting my antiquated mini-magnetic tape on my answering machine. How is it that an organization whose sole purpose is to flat out steal from you be allowed to legally exist?

I have now painted one seat stay on my orange "Cervelo" white. I'm considering painting the chain - pink. I want this to be the ugliest commuter bike in town. I need to get some more stickers also- I am going to work on this this week. I would like to get some WWF (not this WWE shit, the real stuff: WWF), an Obama sticker, a Narragansett Beer sticker, 'something' NASCAR and at least 3 Mr. Yuck stickers. I would love to see a bike all done out in Mr. Yuck stickers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will totally find some stickers to donate to the commuter!!