Thursday, April 17, 2008

Almost done

Today I went out and did 8 full efforts...5 full on half mile wind ups on the Blvd., 2 Freeman Parkways and one Grandview. I blew up on the Grandview hill so I decided that I worked hard enough. I'm convinced this workout does something but I feel pretty good when I'm off the bike - on the bike after the last one I was unable to get what felt like a full effort so I think it was a good workout.

Yesterday I did about a two hour mountain ride in the Gilbert Hills SF in Foxboro. Most of it was a lot of fun, although part of it was hard for me as I'm kinda a shitty mountain biker. I got real pissed off after having to one foot, get off the bike, get on the bike, turn around and find the trail etc...I decided to go basically as hard as I could (because I was irate at this point) which was much more effective than getting on/off the bike every few meters. Since I like being irate as much as possible I plan on doing at least one mountain ride per week because its fun and great training and I think its going to help some of the burnout I know is going to hit sometime this year on the road.

My term paper is almost done. I cannot wait to finish it as I'm really sick of writing it. I've been procrastinating subconsciously for a while now - sitting down at the computer and then being compelled to do the dishes, vacuum, take out the dog, cut fingernails, sweep the outside stairs, wash the car, writing an overly long blog entry...pretty much anything besides writing the paper. I'm on the paper now - right after I take out the dog and flip through the channels just one more time.

Boston plays Montreal in Montreal tonight. They are down 3-1 and things don't look good but I'm going to watch it anyway for a while because I like hockey and really don't have any other plans tonight apart from writing the end of this paper with the TV on behind me in the hope that something worthy will be on to distract me. If the game sucks I can always watch people get arrested on Cops, 'Jail' on MSNBC (The Jail Channel from now on), drug addicts and their families on intervention, guys beat the shit out of each other on Spike, then maybe for a nightcap I could then watch over-privileged yuppie couples pretend they are Donald Trump when they 'renovate' a home on HGTV. What the F do these people do anyway? I hate HGTV. On second thought I'm shutting the TV off and working in silence. Folks wonder why America, especially its youth, has so many problems, part of the answer is just a click away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me if you want to hit Foxboro
Steve