Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chris Hinds (Ninigret #1)

First 'real' Ninigret today . The weather was interesting: thunder and downpour in Prov., foggy and damp at the venue followed by sunny breaks, followed by thunder and of course, rain. So a little of everything. Race was very hard - I'm really beat right now. I don't know the average for the race but it felt like it was a bit over 25. I think it ended up being about 37 miles in about 1:25 or so (both are estimates as I glanced at my computer while I was wretching at the end of the race like usual). Another field finish which was really my goal for this race - well honestly my goal was to get into at least some form of a break but I need a lot of work before thats going to happen. I was unable to eat before 4:30PM so thats only four hours or so of abdominal pain - which means I must have gone as hard as I possibly could. I just ate Palak Paneer with rice and one order of garlic naan from Not Just Snacks - one of my favorite spots for takeout. A break did get off and put some serious time on us - about a minute and half. It went before the halfway mark and included about 10 or so riders, all of whom were strong. I cannot believe how hard some guys were going in order to bridge up to it. Turtle Pond tomorrow but I'm probably not going up there. Just too far for a race I'm not sure I'm fit for, nevermind a 9AM start which means a 5:30AM time to be *in the car and moving* (actually thats not that bad) hmm? In lieu of Turtle Pond its Wells tomorrow...I might go over to the Tufts crit (Davis Sq) to the bike swap there just to check it out after the race. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

As far as the next races go I'm in for Rick Newhouse, in for Palmer, maybe for Myles Standish, not for Sturbridge, maybe for Jiminy, in for Sterling.

No comments: