Friday, July 18, 2008

Warm Weather

Apart from sitting at the computer, typing papers for school I have been a lump of shit. I am way more productive in the mornings so I work until I'm useless from wakeup till uselessness sets in. Then I come back to it and type some more crap. Type, type, type, surf the internet, type, type type, type. I found this website, steephill.tv which allows me to actually watch the tour in real time, which is really cool. School has a way of narrowing my ability to plan for future events, seriously I cannot plan a thing more than a week out, but its over this week, and I cannot wait. I will celebrate my last day of classes with a Ninigret crit on Wednesday as opposed to my "normal" method of celebrating anything (and everything for that fact). In my efforts to defeat lameness, I went on a solo 2.5 hour bike ride. Ride was not lame because I purchased good headphones which don't fall off every time I hit a bump and second because I put all new music in the Ipod. Yesterday I did one hour but I did five solid sprints...the first ones about a minute a piece but later ones were only at :30 seconds. Today, I felt like garbage. I went out Woodward to do the Wilbur/Harris Ave. climbing interval loop I do from time to time. I only did two, and the second one was awful, I totally blew up on it. I then went to the old Lincoln Crit course and reminisced about it briefly before going out 116 to W. Reservoir and out Rocky Hill Road. Decent ride, again feeling shitty the whole time. I think the temp had something to do with the quality of this ride as it was 90F+. Tomorrow I may ride or I may not because its supposed to be 94F and I'm waking up on my own schedule, which means if I go out its going to be later. I'm just not sitting in a car 3h. one way up to Claremont. I've probably done that ride 75 times during the seven years I lived in Vermont. I may go to Naugutuck though on Sunday - I'll decide tomorrow. I'm psyched to focus on bike racing entirely for the month of August...I'd like to peak for the late Aug./Sept series of races, including Bob Beals.

No comments: