Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good Ride

Today's riding experience was much better than yesterday's. I 'stayed up' too late last night and did not make it to Wells today. I rode up through Cumberland into Wrentham and into Franklin. I like this ride, there are some good hills in there and the roads are really nice - some open farmland mixed with woods, so there is a lot of scenery variety. There was a lot of people riding today. All types of people too, from recreational groups, to families, to a Quad guy to this Millworks guy. It was nice to see a lot of folks out because I think its good for the sport. I think its better to have a lot of people excited about cycling in general. I felt quite good and did some big ring TT type stuff again. I didn't quantify any of it, but when I felt good I went hard and when I needed to rest I rested. I tried to keep the efforts at least a mile - I got 3 really good kinda longer efforts in and a load of little 2-3 minute efforts which has resulted in me being beat right now. Upper Union St. in Franklin is a kick ass road going north - slight tailwind and slight downhill meant 30+ mph for 2 miles. So much fun.

I've had some success trying to follow the Tour de France...Eurosport has live audio, ITV has a podcast with interviews, and Youtube has amateur videos, along with Steephill.tv (which has professional video). I don't have the 'good' cable which gets Versus, so I'm going to have to improvise.

This week was the first week I've really tied a lot of good training together, today, yesterday, sprints on Friday and Ninigret on Weds. I'm hopefully going to put some good training in next week too...sprints Tuesday, long/hard Weds, moderate or easy on Thurs., easy and short Friday and then Attleboro. In the past I've ridden to Attleboro, but I might not this year because I've gotten dehydrated when its been hot. Something is 'up' with my digestive system anyway, I vomit after every race, get cramps for hours later and for some reason I require a huge amount of water. Actually, I know whats up with it, its called being out of shape and this is a situation I'm well on my way to rectifying. So if its hot, I'm driving, if its cool - I'm riding. I've got a hell of week with school and work coming up though so I hope to get everything in. I've got to miss the Bikeworks TT until the last week in July so thats a big bummer because I really like that TT.

Apart from cycling I've been bogged down with school. I cannot wait for it to be over - Wednesday, July 23. I

No comments: