Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No Ninigret 4 Me

Not able to hit Ninigret tonight, something I'm okay with this week. I've got a presentation due tomorrow and I have some other obligations that I want to take care of. Ninigret next week and hopefully every week thereafter. This will be three days off the bike - I did some commuting yesterday but does that really count? I'll end up doing commute stuff tomorrow too - maybe I can get away with one hour with some intensity stuff in there.

I want to explore the bus option to Ninigret just to try it maybe on Sat. First race at 1210, leave at 940 and get to 138/2 at 1021? Put in a hour ride down. Wouldn't it suck though to have all the bike racks taken - well it wouldn't be that bad to have a long ride back..
http://www.ripta.com/schedules/view.php?route=66&direction=2

I did an experiment today at work. I've been taking my pulse regularly throughout the day. When I'm at work, in the building I work in my pulse lies between 55 and 62 beats per minute. Yesterday when I was a conference, outside the building my pulse was 44 bpm - consistently over four readings. I'm going to continue to take measurements to see if I can link together stress and consistent elevated pulse rate. There has to be some connection.

Celtics/Lakers tomorrow. I'm totally going to watch this game - maybe at a bar somewhere at that. My class gets out at 9PM so thats about tip off time.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

There's definitely a connection between stress and HR - I wore my HR monitor to work once, and only once. Scary shit. I learned to never push too hard if the day was super stressful at work.

As much as it may feel good on some levels to release it via really hard efforts (and it's necessary on occasion) it really opens me up to getting sick.

Brendan said...

Really hard efforts and especially consecutive hard days make me vulnerable to sickness. Too much stress basically sucks in general.