Saturday, May 3, 2008

Today's weather is miserable

I just did an hour and half outside today - mostly tempo with some short 3-5 minute efforts thrown in there. Even though its May, indoor training is still an option, an option I probably should have exercised. It is currently 43F and drizzle/light rain. It sucks balls to ride in. I had to wipe off my glasses every two seconds in order to see. By the end I was getting really irate w/ everything. Everything I have on is wet - not soaking wet, just wet enough to annoy the hell out of me.

I had planned a MTB today b/c there is no race today but its so shitty out and my hose isn't working so cleaning up would be a massive pain in the ass. I'm going to Wells tomorrow if its not raining - if I'm going to Wells I want to do some extra miles at the end to get my endurance miles in. I've been neglecting these. If it is raining probably I'll wait for it to stop or do some indoor structured stuff.

I took that bikepath behind the Manton Projects today to get out of town. Not a bad bikepath at all and it gets you out to Johnston, near some decent stuff. Its worth riding on and I think its a useful option to get out to the reservoir as opposed to the normal ways out down Plainfield St/Hartford Ave.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

It sure was crappy out, I opted to ride Lincoln Woods for 1.5 hours - not too bad under the leaves. I made sure to hit all the climbs to keep warm. Way to man up and hit the road though.