Sunday, May 4, 2008

Slug

This is my last week of being a slug regarding training. My training the past week has been inconsistent at best, although I've got some good rides in there. Why can't I stick to a consistent training plan? No Wells today ...I'm not sure if they canceled it or not but it was pouring in the AM and I just didn't get to it Hopefully, I'm gonna hit Wompatuck on Tuesday. Sterling next Sunday, which is a great race. I signed up for the June 7 Ninigret today and the Cox race. That Cox race is going to be fast and hard...a cat 2/3 event. It will be very tough as they changed the course to go up Waterman and then straight back down Angell. Damn. I'm getting my ass in gear to get ready for that one - 8 weeks. I'll put in a three week hard block, rest couple days, another hard block and then ease off a week before the race.

Race Schedule (which I will have to change as time goes on...I just want to plan out races a little more than a few weeks)

MAY

5/12 Sterling
May 17 Sunappee? (This was the first race I ever did actually-2003...and yes I got dropped by the main field when I was a Cat 5)
5/24 Cyclonauts
5/25 Hartford?

JUNE

6/7 Ninigret Cat 3 and P-3
6/8 CT coast - maybe and then again, maybe not
6/14 - Monson
6/15 - The Housatonic 'death march'
6/21 - New Britain - call this one a priority race.
6/22 - New London "Whaling City" if they do it
6/28 - Cox
6/29 - East Hartford - a big maybe on this one
6/30 - Thompson...maybe ride out to this one.

*probably not going to get Fitchburg in

JULY - going to be an interesting month depending on what I take for classes.

7/12 - Attleboro
7/13 - New Britain #2
7/19 - Claremont NH
7/20 - Naugutuck
7/26 - Hilltowns
7/27 - Norwell CR

AUGUST - I'll probably start doing some cross stuff actually now...just for fun though

8/10 Tokeneke
8/17 Fall River
8/23 Saco Bay

No comments: