Saturday, March 1, 2008

Obama


I went to see Barack Obama at RIC today. It was exciting and is something I'm sure I'll remember for a long time. I did not train prior to going because I planned on going later - it was snowing this morning and totally yucky outside.

Seeing Obama was a great experience, he speaks really well and has some great ideas. We got to see Patrick Lynch speak, as well as Congressman Kennedy.

So we got to the venue @ about 1045. Wait in line for about one and half hours. At 1215 finally get into the auditorium. Of course, there was masses of security - the TSA, the airport people were the ones actually screening people. So we got into the place and stood in the same spot until 4PM. This place was PACKED. Like you could not move - at all. I had a lot of trouble walking out - very, very stiff in the knees, not a lot of pain, just really stiff. I will be one sore old man.

So I got home about 5PM and proceeded to tube/tire my new wheels, do rear brakepads, swap out chain and cassette. I may need a new middle chainring. Actually I know that I need one but really don't want to admit this to myself. Where am I going to get a Campy 39 for tomorrow?

Needless to say I did not get to train today. This means only two rides in the past ten days...totally unacceptable.

No comments: