Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tyra

When I came home tonight I flipped on the TV. I did not look at it...I flipped it on only. I began to cook dinner. After a while I started to listen to it. There was this show on - called "Tyra." This was the stupidest shit I've seen in a while. Anyway, I hit the bikepath tonight with my crappy light. It went well. I TT'd up to a group of 3 guys who ended up being pretty strong. We went the whole way - which ended up being about 1.5 hours. It felt great to get a good ride in during the week. I'm really looking forward to next cycling season. Mike Sam, Wild Bill and I went on the first winter ride of the season on Sunday. Like it started to sleet when we started out - it got worse and worse as we got further but it was just sleet. The roads got slick when we were about an hour out. I dumped it on Mann School which was kinda fun actually - I've got a nice totally black bruise that doesn't really hurt. I guess I made the most awful sound when I went down which also was kind of gratifying. It poured down rain from Greenville all the way into town. Hands 100% numb. No feeling. Same with feet. Soaked through and through. Just a tip - do not ever wash your bike in the shower. It makes a hell of a mess.

Apart from this I need to reassess my disposition at work. I spent the week with my family, whom I almost never see and thus was able to relax. The past two days I've been too relaxed to deal with situations that I must deal with and therefore I have become comfortable. This will change tomorrow. It is impossible to do this job and try to keep it low stress - which is frustrating but whatever.

I'm starting a facebook page advocating locking Plaxico Burress up for at least the minimum. Tyra has left the TV hopefully forever and I put CNN on. Bloomberg says the minimum is 3.5 years. Even though I'm relatively liberal when it comes to violent crime I have 0 tolerance. Corrections creates jobs anyway and we are in a recession. Yeah, its a long time but don't have illegal firearms with you at the club. See, this type of shit is exactly what is wrong with America. Succeeding but still behaving as if you haven't. Lets see - I'm a professional athlete making millions of dollars a year and I'm going to bring a loaded illegal firearm into a nightclub (I'm sure his defense will be that he needs it for "protection"). Dude has no sense - what was he going to do with it? Show it off? Impress his friends and other lowlifes at the club? Act extra cool with your pistol. Dude plays in the NFL. The NFL and he's good. Who is he afraid of? Really, who is he afraid of. Think about it. Nor does the guy have any firearms training or experience because if he had, he would not have shot himself in the leg. Tips for Plaxico: 1. Outgrow nightclubs. Instead attend expensive fundraisers, political events, volunteer functions and black tie cocktail parties. 2. Do not go to places where you are likely to be forced to use a firearm to protect yourself. This is not Baghdad - it is the United States. If you want to go to a place where a lot of people carry guns then you should go to such a place and when (if) you return you can give the NFL a report on how well the people lived there. I guess not attending the club could be looked at as "not keeping it real." Guess what, you cease to be real once you make it to the NFL and make a shit-ton of money. Plaxico sucks. Michael Vick also sucks. Vick sucks worse though. Alright, I'm done with my mostly negative unpleasant blog post. But I feel better.

2 comments:

team sam said...

Brendan, I'm glad you're ok.

Brendan said...

I heard about the slip n' slide action on Sunday. Sounded nasty.