Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wrentham Cross #2

Raced Wrentham last PM. Did 1x2x3 laps. I think that the laps last about 7-8 minutes or so - so between 42 and 48 minutes of racing. I was sore from running but I think that it should complement what approximates my attempt at cyclocross. Been running a lot - went tonight. Really sore right now and hungry because all I ate today was a sandwich and some granola bars. Its getting easier - I'm going to do five miles next time. I'll probably hit up Amesbury on Sat. and maybe Wells on Sunday. Not going if its raining - well I might go anyway. I do need to get the fact that my front wheel was rattling in the corners - which did indeed force me to ditch the bike hard once. No Bob Beals. Kinda sucks, but this only frees me up for cyclocross. I need to do some work on my cross bike so thats a project in and of itself. Stuff to do on the cross bike: address front wheel, address rear wheel and its wobble, and adjust shifting. I'm trying a cyclocross season which follows this training plan: run Tues/Thurs and Sat or Sun (depending on race schedule), race on Wed., rides on Tues or Thurs or both or none depending on time. Maybe a Monday run if I feel like it and rides Sat/Sun. So what is that? 5-7 workouts a week with at least 3 and maybe five rides. Should be OK. Actually, it has to be OK because that is all that I'm going to do for training.

1 comment:

gewilli said...

amesbury is on sunday btw