Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wed.

Q: When does cyclocross season start for the residents of Peach Ave?
A: Cyclocross season began at 5:30 PM on September 3.
Q: Where?
A: Wrentham. Wednesday training race.
Q: How did the race go?
A: We did three laps to start with. They were not timed so I don't know how long we were out for. Actually, I got a flat on the first lap and the guys were good enough to donate a tube to me. I totally almost went over the bars in one of the corners. Shit...I thought it was going flat.
Q: Were there any more races?
A: Yes. There were two more races.
Q: How did these other races feel?
A: Awful. They both felt awful. Mouth filled with dirt. Body covered in dirt. At threshold or higher the whole time. Just wanting the experience to be over. Lower back having pain - this always happens. It was a great time actually...in some sadistic way.

I haven't decided on Topsfield. I'll probably go up to Haverhill actually as there is no way I'm racing if its raining at this point of the year. Right now, it looks like rain for the weekend.

Apart from this I just listened to Mitt Romney's speech at the Republican convention. Yep, I'm a total dork. Another unimaginative speech repeating the same old Republican party line - family values, stop terror, Democrats tax and spend, Dems. want a society of freeloaders etc... Not sure if he put something in there about guns and religion but he very well could have. Actually he probably should have just for good measure. Last time I checked that war on terror was awfully expensive but what do I know? Oh, the revenue for this is raised not by taxes but by selling T-Bills and other treasury securites to our allies - like China. Quite possibly a great legacy. Check this out too - the Gulf of Mexico oil machinery was shut down for three days to prepare for Gustav. The price went down to the lowest levels its been in a while. Hmm...why? Did speculators (oil companies and their allies) agree to stop buying oil for a little while? Did the RNC have anything to do with this decision?
Frigging Huckabee's on, he just said that a relative's heroes were Jesus, FDR and Elvis. Since when in the USA did it become OK to mention Jesus at a political gathering. Am I missing something here? These politicians using this religion stuff really, really pisses me off. It really does - it has no place in government at all. Nope - don't want to see pictures of my President going to church. Don't care. None of my business.

No comments: