Friday, January 9, 2009

The Trainer

I've been on the trainer this week. I will be on it in the foreseeable future as it is supposed to snow this weekend. Actually, riding it is very convenient and time is going to be really crunched for me until June so I'll probably get 2 rides during the week on it even during the good weather. Not really thrilled about this but that is what I'm going to have to do. So far I've watched Paris Nice 07 (stage 2), Amstel Gold '08 (Eurosport...Italian), Het Volk 2008, and Paris - Roubaix ('06). Tomorrow I'm watching Ghent Wevelgem (2 hours) if it is extra cold (<25F). I still might go in the cold anyway but I'll have to see what the weather is like. Riding in the freezing cold sucks - I don't mind upper 20s but a three hour ride in the teens sucks real bad. I put my hands on my hips the other day and noticed that something was there that wasn't there before...hmmm? I'm not kidding at all either. What could it be? Yes, it was an extra 15 lbs I am in the process of removing. Really, I could grab at this shit. My involuntary diet the other day has helped me with this process. Figure food poisoning is good for about five pounds of loss.
Anyway I did a great XC ski last week in the Blue Hills - it was great. Some fun downhills and little climbs. The Blue Hills is the best area I've been to around here for XC skiing - people don't screw up the tracks when you get far in. I'm going up there Sunday - so if you have some XC skis and want to go skiing let me know.
I'm about ready to get into some weekend rides...aerobically paced ones but group rides nonetheless.

No comments: