Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday

Well this weekend is now over. I was back in Lincoln Woods today - I did a one hour cross country ski. That was it. A crappy one hour icy MTB yesterday and a decent but short one hour ski today. Kinda pissed about this but I'm not doing anything tonight - I'll save the trainer for the week and probably next weekend. Besides, I just ate a steak with gross french fries leftover from our dinner at Greggs last night. I'm not running anymore because my knees feel as if they going to explode for the next two days after I go. Has anyone seen the forecast... shit - I'm really liking the low of 1F on Thursday. I hope it goes below zero, I don't know why but I just want it too. Someone's gonna try and ride on the coldest day of the year - just to do it. I know this already because it is something I would try to do. Someone indeed tried to ride in Lincoln Woods today - I saw a really messed up set of tracks in the woods. The tracks didn't get far - it must have been awful. Anyway I've got some ideas for winter training including riding the Lincoln Woods loop at night w/ lights and some nighttime bikepath stuff. Anyway I'm kinda psyched to do some cross country. Pretty psyched to race bikes too - right now its about all I've got going on apart from work. It feels great to get my motivation back. Being 15 lbs overweight doesn't hurt either - ok I'm about 10 over right now.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Ha, that was me. I gave up after a while and rode the road. Stacy and I went snowshoeing out there a little later. Brian and Kip showed up with their cross bikes as we were heading into the woods.