Saturday, December 13, 2008

Today was cold

I was a lazy ass today. I did nothing all day and I'm not going to feel guilty about it at all. I've also decided on going after my phD @ Northeastern when I'm done w/ PC. It should only take a couple of years after I'm done w/ what I'm doing now. Regardless, I guess coming to that decision was doing something. This means a few more years of being the world's cheapest biker, although I'm getting my road rig ready and equipped for next season. Anyway, I've got to get my cross bike ready so if (when) I wake up early I can go on a ride up to Lincoln Wds. (0900) but things don't look good in that department. I found out why my avg. spd was so low on the CX ride the other day - broken rear spoke and I've got to repair my extra tubular tire. Ditching the broken spoke wheel and putting on my tubular. Uncharted territory here - I've stitched one up w/ floss before and had it work but I'm not doing that to this one - taking out the core and putting in the sealant stuff should do the trick.
Today is the first day that my knees have not been extra painful. I had problems walking stairs all week - like walking up and down at an angle to minimize the awful shots of pain. This means running is out. Walking up stairs holding the handrail like I'm 80 is not something I look forward to. I've also got to lose some weight - way too heavy right now. I don't know how much I can lose, but if that scale at the YMCA is right I've got a lot to lose.
Leah and I are getting sushi tonight. I'm really hungry. I love sushi. Low fat and healthy.

No comments: